Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Month of Mavery






























My Mavery, My Miracle Mavery


One Month ago, a dream that had grown in our hearts for a year, was in our arms. We have now celebrated a full month of YOU, Mavery. Time drags when you are waiting, but flies when you are having fun! It seems forever ago we were there, in China. It seems you have been with ME forever. And in alot of ways you have. My arms have only held you for one month, but my heart has held you much longer.
As you run into my arms today, you are not the same little girl who ran from me in China one month ago. There we saw heartbreak, here we see joy. There we saw fear, here we see confidence. There we saw no affection returned, here we FEEL hugs and kisses! I like being HERE!
One month ago we walked into a room with aching arms and anxious hearts, ready to hold you and to see the promise God had given to us almost a year earlier. You were so scared of us, and I think probably really MAD at us to be honest. My heart still hurts as I think of how hard that was on you. But my heart rejoices as I see you today, so full of joy and life and happy to be mine.
You are amazing, I hope you always realize that. I know that they probably tried to prepare you before you met me, but how could they have made you understand what was about to happen? Your whole little world was about to change, everything you knew and were comfortable with was being taken away. Yet here you are, just one month later, and you smile!
One month ago you were not so sure of your Baba. Now you walk downstairs to his office just to tell Daddy HI! You are as in love with him as much as he is in love with you. I knew it would not take long, once you realized how much fun he is! If he walks out the door with out you, you cry as if your heart is broken. When he comes upstairs from his office, you run at him screaming and laughing ready for a big hug!
You have found that the dog is not quite so bad after all. Good thing we did not get rid of her, or my mommy guilt would have been terrible for the other kids! Now you think it is hilarious to run to her and give her a hug or let her give you kisses! You yell "HERSEY" in your sweet little voice and love letting her in and out the backdoor. You had never before probably seen a dog before a month ago, you were terrified of her the first few days here, and look at you now!
Tonight as I put Sage in bed you came running in her room and yelled NIGHT NIGHT SAGEY! while reaching up to give her a hug and a kiss. Oh how that melted my heart! Everyone asks how the 2 of you are doing. And I reply that you have your moments, which you do. But overall, you have both done amazing. You adore Sage, and when she is not here you ask for her. My prayer has been that God would weave your little hearts together, and that is being done I know. I know that it is because of Sage, you are doing so many new things so quickly such as...
Take a bath. You HATED baths in China. Come home and watch someone your size jump in, you follow right behind! You now will put your face into the water and I know it won't be long and you will swimming like Sage!
Sit in a carseat happily. You just sit back there and smile away! Sage is next to you and as long as she is, you are fine.
Running! You have gone from being "clumsy" on your feet, to running circles as Sage chases you!
CLIMBING! While I hoped this would not happen, you can now get up on the barstools after Sage. Thankfully so far you seem to understand the counter is not for running on, unlike your spicy sister.
If Sage eats it, you will try it. Might not like it, but will try it. You do still want to snack ALL the time.
You are speaking so many new words and understanding even more than you speak. Sometimes I say something and you do it and I just stop and can't believe you knew what I said! You also parrot anything anyone says. I laughed so hard the day Sage asked for a sprite and all of a sudden your little voice yells out "I want a sprite!"
You say all of the kids names and are starting to bond well with each of them. Makenna has been so great with you recently. You LOVE to be outside and so she has been bundling you up and playing with you forever out there.
You sleep so well now most of the time. You still whine a little, but when we say night night, you head to your bed with that little pout and for the most part, go right to sleep. You do get up to early though, we must have forgot to tell you we sleep in around here! And sometimes you wake in the night and cry out, and I wonder what it is you are thinking of at those times.
You are my little shadow for the most part. Sometimes daddy comes upstairs and tells you to go play when he sees you hanging on me. As soon as he goes downstairs you come right back to me. You will walk away for a few minutes, but you always keep me in your sight wherever we are. This is good I know.
Your hair is slowly coming in, you want pigtails so badly and I want that for you to! It won't be long and you will be sick of me putting it up and brushing it all the time! In fact, Sage told me she wants YOUR haircut! ;0) You are no longer covered in bug bites. Now your skin is so soft and clear. Oh those cheeks and your lips. They just BEG to be kissed.
My favorite thing is the fact that now when you get hurt, you let me snuggle you, you no longer push me away.
You are so much more than I ever dreamed you were going to be. I can't believe that out of all the mommies in the world God chose ME for YOU! This past month our family has been complete because of you. You are a gift and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!
I love you,
Mommy





2 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

Shannon what a beautiful post!!!!
1 whole month already!!!
it doesn't seem possible.
Mavery is sooo stunning, you have a precious lil girl there, adorable.
xxx
s

Shawnstribe said...

ps can you send me your email so i can invite you to my private blog
tomlinson1tribe@btinternet.com

xxx
s