Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful for Mavery

Sage was standing in the spot Mavery wanted to stand in. She knows how to throw a good temper tantrum that is for sure. Little does she know, I have made it through 4 other kids tantrums and I can ignore them for long periods of time with out batting an eye. She HATES it if I ignore her! ;0)
She enjoyed ice cream at Sage's birthday dinner! Thank goodness for bleach!

I walked into my bathroom one day to find her and Sage "playing" makeup. Look closely.
See her "pretty" makeup. Mavery and Sage are having LOTS of fun together now!

We started pulling out the Christmas Decorations and we showed her Santa and said HoHoHo and she ran up to him laughing saying HoHo over and over so I have a feeling she "knew" of Santa. Think we will get her on his lap?


Life is good here. Mavery is changing every day and my heart just smiles with how quickly she has blossomed since coming home. Sometimes I feel like she has just been here forever and when I tell someone she has just been home a month, I pause to do the math to make sure that is correct!
We had a Thanksgiving dinner at our church recently and Mavery LOVED her first taste of turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy! We know she will enjoy turkey day.
We went for haircuts last night. ALL of us, fun times. As soon as we got in and a lady was sitting in the chair getting a cut Mavery grabbed her own hair and started screaming & crying NO!!! It was funny and sad all at the same time. I KNOW she wants hair so badly and I hate that they shaved her head because it obviously was not a good time for her. It is growing & it is thick so I know it is going to be beautiful once it is grown out. By the end of the evening when we had ALL had our hair cut, she was calmer, so hopefully when we do have to trim hers, she will be more comfortable.
The sweetest thing EVER is that now she goes to bed so easy even for me. When I lay her down she lays on her back and sticks her hands behind her bed ( I have to get a picture) and puckers up her lips for a kiss. Then as I walk out she blows kisses and screams over and over, LUV U!
Tonight we had a Thanksgiving Eve dinner (more on my family blog) and we all went around the table to pray and say thanks and when it came to her she yells out THANK YOU and then Mark walks her through the prayer and I thought I was going to lose it. To hear her little voice, repeating her father, as they prayed to our Father, oh my heart...
I am thankful this year that Mavery is home, in our arms, at our table, forever. Last Thanksgiving was hard. VERY hard. I had seen her, I felt she was mine, but she was not. Mark and I were not in a happy place trying to figure things out. I was consumed with thoughts of her and so many unanswered questions. But now here she is, our family feels so complete right now and I am so excited to see the holidays through her eyes!


No comments: