Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18th 3 years ago- 1 year ago..

As I think about all this date signifies for Mavery, and for myself, I am in awe once again of our Father and how He has written the pages of her story.

3 years ago, December 18th, 2005. In the city of Jinhua, in the amazing land called China, a baby girl was found, on a train, all alone. She was wrapped in old clothes and a red note was pinned to her outfit with her birthday of November 1, 2005. She was just 6 weeks old.

1 year ago, December 18, 2007, I woke up in prayer. I had dreamed of her in my arms and it felt so real. We were anxiously waiting to find out if JinSong would be our daughter. I wanted to believe, with out doubt. God had spoke, I thought. Yet, I woke up in tears because she had felt so real in my dream & I just did not know what the day would bring.

I knew this. I wanted today to mark the end of her being an orphan. I wanted her family to find her. Her mother held on to her for 6 weeks, and let her go. For 2 years, she lived in an orphange. My prayer was simple. Lord, I want her to be mine, but more than anything, I want her to be found, today, in a family, FOREVER. Let this day be forever marked as special on her little life. If I am not her mother, please let me handle this with grace, and just let me be happy for her.

And it was special. And it is. Obviously, we got the call that day that Mavery was ours. It had been the most emotional 6 weeks for me, and it was finally over. And yet, in many ways, it was only just beginning.

But now, here she is. One year later, no longer just in my dreams. And she feels so much better in my arms than I could have imagined! Last year all I had were a few referral pictures. I memorized those, they were etched on my heart. I knew every inch of her. I wondered what she would be like once she was here.

I could never have prepared myself for how amazing she is! Or that today, on this day now, how attached to me she is. I told Mark today, I am pretty sure if she were able, she would literally climb into my skin so she could be that close to me. If I am sitting, she will climb up UNDER my shirt, just to lay against me. She does not leave my side, ever.

There are times, this can get tiring. There are alot of people in this house who need alot of things. But today, I stopped and I just sat to hold her. As I rocked her and she just sighed this happy sigh, I was reminded of how blessed we are to be a part of her story. How thankful I am that she is here. How grateful I am to her birth mother, for giving her life, and giving her hope.

December 18th, forever special for us. Mavery Raye JinSong, forever ours.

**I will add pictures tomorrow, come back and see!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That was beautiful!! Happy Finding Day Mavery!!!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful tribute to your very special daughter.

Nancy