Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Maverys Appointment is Scheduled

So if I don't get REAL hair, I will make my own.
What are you looking at, you are the one WITH hair!

Ah yes, long hair feels so lovely!

I spoke with St Louis Childrens Hospital today and we have Maverys heart catheterization scheduled. It will be on Monday January 5th. We are to arrive at 7am and the procedure will begin at 8:30. I was told to prepare to be there for an overnight stay. Ugh. We will spend the day there on the 2nd for pre testing. More xrays, ultrasounds, etc. They said it will take awhile because they do not have good records of her previous surgery.
The good thing, we get a chinese translator. I am not sure how helpful it will be, but we, and the hospital, think it can not hurt to try. It is a service they provide there, so they suggested we use it. To bad they don't offer free parents spa services once they take your children away from you, I most certainly would take advantage of that! Or could they just drug me when they drug Mavery and wake me up with her? That would work to.
I am honestly at a loss for words today. I know, shocking. I just don't like the words overnight stay. It is supposed to be no big deal. No big deal is going in early and being home by lunchtime. Sigh...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hair!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon!
I'm Amy Dinello----I have posted to you a few times--and am one of your new facebook buddies. I Just wanted to offer prayers and support for Mavery in Jan.! Our Hope (adopted 4/08)had surgery in Oct. and an overnight stay--so I feel your mama pain. I truly believe that Hope has been MORE attached to me ever since and that in a weird way it has so helped w/ our bonding! I hope that all goes well...and I will be thinking of you that day!

Amy Dinello
www.babyjellybeans.com
password: hope dinello

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Trust in Him! He has carried little Mavery thru so many trials...He isn't going to give up on her now. She is in the best hands at Children's Hospital and is finally with her loving family! All will be well!!!

Keeping your sweetie in my prayers!

Love,
Robin

RamblingMother said...

I used to wear a towel on my head to have long hair, hee hee. She is too cute.

Anonymous said...

We will certainly be praying.