Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chinese Italian, Who knew?!

French Fries, the American Diet!
Being Silly!
Mark thought she was going to pull her pants down and squat but they are just to big so she was pulling them up!
Dipping Breadsticks in Garlic
Spaghetti is Yummy!

Today we spent shopping and eating, my 2 favorite combinations! We had lunch at Lucy's Cafe. I know that many families like Lucys, but I am just not that excited about it. But we figured it would be something easy for lunch today. It is American Fare served with bad service! ;0) I liked it as much as I remembered from last time. Mavery enjoyed the french fries though, especially the ketsup and it was quite the art form to watch her "painting" with it. After lunch we ventured out to begin shopping. I have a 3 page list with me, which does not make Mark happy. But I bought so many things for Sage, now I need the same things for Mavery, don't you agree?





I was reminded of how NOT FUN shopping here is. I just want to pay a price, I don't want to fight over the price. And places are not negotiating nearly as much as before. Which is odd, since there are no families here shopping, you would think they would want to sell more. And shopping with a tiny tornado just adds to the fun. I was pretty sure a few times we would be buying the entire store before it was over as she was trying to throw the glass bottles. My favorite store today was Jenny's place for those of you getting ready to head over. She was wonderful, converting prices to american dollars for me! AND they kept Mavery busy which helped a ton. We bought quite a bit there and promised we would be back. At that point Mavery would not ride in a stroller so that was making it hard. That and Mark being, well Mark who hates shopping AND spending money and it was not all that fun! I won't even go there!

Oh for those of you who liked Michael, who had the tiny shop next to the tennis courts, he moved to the main road and has a huge shop now! We just think he is so sweet!



For dinner we went with the Chisums to an Italian Place that many had suggested to us. For those coming it is called La Dolce Vita and it is a bit of a walk from the WS but worth it. It is at No 1 shamian street, Liwan Area. We walked in and the atmosphere had me nervous because remember how Mavery has been at dinners so far. It is "fancy. " But overall she did well. She LOVES spaghetti and the breadsticks. She eats so good with a fork I am amazed. She seems so much older when you watch her do some things. The food was delicious. I had spaghetti with meat sauce and while I have no idea what type of meat(and might not want to know), it was great. Mark had some penne dish with spicy sauce he said was good. Leigh got pizza and shared and that was yummy to. Mavery did well till she was done, then she is DONE. She dumped her water bottle all over, then escaped her seat and was running around. She and I are doing alot of waiting outside while everyone finishes and pays! Mark said the sodas were almost as much as the dinners and the water was even more, isn't that funny?

We did borrow a stroller from a shop and got her in it and that was very helpful. Tomorrow we are going to the animal safari so that should be fun. Except Mavery does not like dogs, so I hope she likes the animals! It will be interesting to see how she reacts to our dog at home because we have seen some tiny puppies that were adorable and she won't go near them.

It is HOT HOT HOT here! Marks says he thinks it is not that hot, but I am the one lugging around sumo baby so he has no say! She DID let him carry her for a tiny bit today, all baby steps I know.

4 comments:

Mom2Three said...

You are just the Queen of Blogging. I wake up every morning and check your blog before I check anything else!

I also am not a huge fan of Lucy's. But we eat there anyway. I heard that Danny's Bagels doesn't deliver to the island anymore, which mean we might actually starve this time.
Love from Oregon,
Cynthia
Waiting for Jin Pei....
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I just love that big ole bow accenting her sweet round face! We liked Jordans the best when we were there although Jennifer's was nice too. I think we abadonded the stroller we bought at Jennifer's. Its so fun to wake up every morning and read your updates and then I can usually find another one before heading to bed. You are so close to coming home!!!!

Finally a Family of Four said...

I love the outfit!!! I am at work right now at St. Joes Kirkwood and I have had 3 people tell me that they are addicted to your blog. It is in our favorites folder and I see that it gets pulled up all the time. They said that they want to comment, but were unsure if they should. I told them to comment---you love comments. I said to just say something about St. joes and you will understand.
Now, about eating out. Lily is horrible about going out to eat. When she is done everyone should be done as well or she will go wild. I mean it was so bad at one point that we would take seperate cars so that one parent doesn't have to shove food down their throat and can actually enjoy a meal. It is starting to get a little better though. Carside service to go ROCKS
renee

Mom to my China Posse said...

hey is Belinda's store still there? I know last time we were there the shopping atmosphere had changed alot. Your getting so close now!