Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shanghai Saturday





It is going to be a quick post because I am tired tonight. Will catch up tomorrow with pictures.

We had another fun day today and it was good to spend the day with new friends!



First, we waited outside for Leighs friends Kristy and Jeff to pick us up. They have lived here in Shanghai for a year because of Jeffs job. They live in an American Compound and when Leigh called I asked how they were and she said, we don't really feel like we are in China because their house is just like home! I told her we for sure KNEW we were in China, so we would happily come and see an American Chinese Home! They have a driver which is nice. So we wait outside and let me tell you, watching the traffic outside our hotel is about as good as any TV show I have seen! It is a busy road and we think it might possibly be a one way, unless someone feels like coming down the other way. I am a people watcher anyways. Put me in a country where everything is different and it is so entertaining for me.

Leighs family and Kristys family came and they are all so sweet and made us feel so welcome and we enjoyed spending the day with people who spoke as we do! We went to a shopping area and did a little bit of shopping. I asked Kristy if she could go along to Guangzhou with us and bargain for us, she is good! We ate 2 american meals which was a nice change from chinese food. We were able to see where they live, and their home is beautiful.

I can hardly keep my eyes open so hopefully tomorrow I will write more about our day. We are going to church in the morning and are leaving here around 2pm. Almost to Hangzhou, almost to Mavery!

2 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Sounds like you are experiencing a little everything in China, glad you met up with your new friends. You are so close now! email me sometime when you get a chance.

Finally a Family of Four said...

I am so jealous and excited for you. I hope when we all go back to China that we do as much tourism as you and Mark. I must say that I do wish we would have ventured out and toured on our own more.
I see that it is sunday around noon time in China, just think 24 or less hours and you will get to meet your newest daughter.
Keep on blogging!!!
Renee