Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

IT"S MAVERY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is FINALLY here! I slept good last night. I fell asleep praying and woke up looking at her empty crib and just started bawling. Her day has probably already started, as it is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Jinhua to here. They are probably packing up her things, telling her goodbye, maybe whispering mama in her little ear over and over. I spent much time with our Father this morning just so full of JOY and thanksgiving over all He has done. The day is here! I was not sure it would ever be fulfilled, that Marks heart would change, that she would be mine. But this road, every bump and turn were all part of His plan. He knit her in my heart, just as He knit her together. He knew this exact moment that she would be placed in my arms forever. I believe right now that the Lord is the one preparing her in Jinhua. That He has held her for me for almost 3 years of her life. And while He will always hold her in the palm of His hand, He is allowing me to be her mommy. Mavery's mommy. Forever and ever. His ways are not our ways, they are perfect.
I am listening to the music from my other blog and the song you are everything is playing. And oh the words... "Where would I be with out someone to save me, where would I be with out someone who won't let me fall? You are everything that I live for, everything I can't believe this is happening you are standing right in front of me, arms wide open now I know that every day is filled with hope. "My hope is in Jesus and His promises and this is His story about to unfold. We are about to see Mavery standing in front of us, but I have no doubt we are about to get a glimpse of the Fathers heart right here in Hangzhou China.
I wish my kids could be with me, to see this take place. I wish you could all be with me. And you are, you are in my heart and I will carry your prayers into that room and when I put my arms around her, your love will also surround her.
I am not sure when we get back, but I promise we will at least get pictures up. You might not get the story till she is in bed tonight, but you know my heart will want to pour out our day. As this blog is all for Mavery someday to look back and I hope she will know how excited we are, how thankful we are, how in love with her we are before we even touch her.
As I end this post, Smile is on, a song that has played in my heart since I started Sage's process. "Just want to be with you, and it helps to know the DAY IS GETTING CLOSER! Every minute takes an hour, every inch can take a mile, I finally get to see you SMILE!" Maybe none of that, but the day is here. ITS MAVERY MONDAY!!
**I am posting so randomly so always be sure to scroll through so you don't miss things!

6 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Mavery Monday is Here!!!!!!!! I am not going to bed tonight until I see the Gotcha day post. I am thinking and praying for you all. Enjoy your day God had made it especially for you!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I'm in tears and extremely excited for you and your family on this very blessed day!!!!
Hugs and prayers from St. Louis!!!
Robin

Our House of Five said...

I am staying up no matter how late...okay, so I will most likely be up cause NO ONE around here seems to sleep all night! But I have been trying all day to find the words to express to you my joy and happiness for you and it is not coming I am finally speechless! Whoever would have tjought it! Well hopefuly inspiration will come the moment I see the first picture of Mavery staring at you not sure what is going on, but thanking her lucky stars that all you want to do is love her, and make her happy. What more could a girl want-except for new clothes, jewlery, toys, food and make up and purses and shoes and , and , and!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Mavery Monday is going to make me so happy!

Love Tracy

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can hardly wait to see the pictures!

Amber

Finally a Family of Four said...

I am staying wake untill I see pics as well. Yeah, for Mavery Monday.
Enjoy this moment.
Renee

Anonymous said...

Yeah - a new niece for me to spoil! I can't wait to see the pictures. Treasure these moments Shannon - they are wonderful memories. Give her a kiss for me! P.S. Me and Sage had a great time at the church celebration!

Love
Aunt Debbie