Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Goodbye Hangzhou-Friday Day

Silk Worms





Peter entertaining our kids!
Where we ate lunch, doesn't this look like a fun place for a wild child!?
Dessert? I think they said it was beans on ice, I did not make it for dessert!
Goodbye Hangzhou

Last time at the park. She likes Baba(daddy) until he wants to hold her or carry her. She plays with him, sits on his lap, calls him Baba, just wants me to carry or hold her. Which is ok.


A view of our hotel.
A wedding is going on at the hotel today.
Hangzhou




Mavery sleeps all night long once asleep, though she does whimper some in her sleep. She slept in till 730, (and I slept in FINALLY!) and then I pulled her in bed with me where she fell back to sleep. Well; she is RESTLESS and I got out of bed and she fell OUT of bed asleep. Talk about a rude awakening! So that started our morning out sad again. She was just back in that place. Maybe she sensed that we were leaving Hangzhou behind, moving on in her journey.




After breakfast Peter took us to The Silk Factory. Hangzhou is known for having the best silk in the world. So we were walked through the process of how silk was made. Now you remember I am not that into details. But I do remember the part where they talked about how good silk is for the skin and showed us a ladies hands and how perfect they were. I wondered if this lady enjoyed her job, showing off her hands all day to people! We were able to stretch silk and it actually was interesting. Then of course they take you to a part to buy silk. No bargaining! ;0) The nice thing is they ship and we know this is necessary as our suitcases are already full. I had sent so many things to Mavery ahead of time, that now we had all her stuff. Sage's province was known for embroidery and we have some beautiful wall hangings from there. This time we bought these pillows that turn into a blanket along with sheets. They were very sad they could not talk me into the big blanket. I told them I was out of money just from the sheets and she said, oh just put it on your credit card! They know us American's well don't you think? We were thankful Peter was there to entertain our children, and I think the workers were also so they could sell us more!




Peter took us to lunch and ordered for us. The thing about Chinese food is that the taste is REALLY good. But there are so many bones and not much meat. And they bring out the entire animal with it. So heads and all. It is SO much work to eat, and to feed a 2 year old trying to peel shrimp, tear meat off a bone. Because remember, you are only given chop sticks and I am just not good enough with them to peel shrimp or cut up the meat for her off a bone. So I am using my fingers, which I am pretty sure is not the best table manners, added to the fact that they don't give you a ton of napkins like at home, and asking for things is "challenging". I should add that our guide ordered for us, but then left. I tried to get him to join us but he said he needed to go have beer and smoke. So that should tell you what we do to the poor guy! ;0) I told him smoking is very bad for you, and he said, "we know that in China. I only smoke a little bit". Whatever! Eating out is quite a treat with SongSong as she does not like to sit long. And we went in the bathroom at least 4 times during lunch. Which by the way was the cleanest bathroom I had seen so far! Lunch ended with some sort of dessert thing, but I left at that time to get wild woman out of the room.




We spent the rest of the day packing up to leave for Guangzhou. Just in case you wonder... In Chinese adoption, you are in province (kind of like state) that you get your child in while her passport is being processed. Then you must go on to Guangzhou to finalize the American side of the adoption. A required medical exam, get a visa, and she becomes a US citizen basically on this side so that when she touches down in the USA it is all official.




As we were getting ready to leave the hotel room, and Mavery was looking outside, I just lost it all over again. While I was not crazy about our hotel, this is the place that I met Mavery. This is the city that she got a mama and a daddy and her little life changed forever and ever. This is the place we saw a sad, scared, MAD little girl open up little by little and let us in. This is the place where she blindly trusted 2 white people who can't understand a word she says, nor can she understand us, but believed that we were going to take care of her. A place where she came and said goodbye to all she has ever known and loved. It is a place were our Father once again led us to, held us all tight and bound us together in ways that will never be broken. Hangzhou will always be special to us for these many reasons.





2 comments:

Mom2Three said...

Oh... your last paragraph set me off again.
I really want my LOA now.
:-(
Much love from Oregon,
Cynthia
Waiting for Jin Pei...
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful,magnificent.