Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Isn't It Amazing...

That one day you can wake up to a normal day, log on to your computer, and look into the eyes of your child that you were not even sure existed?

That one day you can give your heart and being away to someone that you have never met but know because the Lord told you she was yours?

That you can leave behind 4 children knowing that they will be fine and loved and spoiled and taken care of for you while you travel and be peaceful about that?

That you can fly on a plane for 15 hours and land in a country that holds secrets you have dreamed about for so long?

That you can meet friends in person that you have only "met" on the internet and know that you will be connected for life, and be thankful for that?

That you can walk into a building in the middle of China and you can watch God himself carry your child into it and place her in your aching and waiting arms?

That you get to watch a little girl who is scared to death begin to trust you in such a short time as she realizes that she is yours?

That you can visit the place where she lived for 3 years and see other children waiting and want to take them all home with you and convince yourself that you WILL convince others they just might have children out there waiting?

That you can figure out without a doubt exactly why you were created, to be a mother to all these children.

Isn't GOD amazing?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible post. I LOVE it!! God's continued blessings to you guys.



Kelly Yochum

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

YES....God is amazing...and so is adoption!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon--
I don't know you--but have been following your blog, and I just LOVED this post!! It is so beautifully worded! We just adopted a little girl in April of this year- who just turned three in September. Our little Hope reminds me sooooo much in personality of Mavery! We also have 4 other kids too- so I feel like I can totally relate to your life!! On a side note--I remember seeing Mavery's picture right after accepting Hope's referral and thinking--I would be totally pursuing the adoption of this little one, if we had not found our daughter already!! Isn't it funny how God works??These children are all exactly where they belong, and I can only look at the beautiful smile on your Mavery's face to know that she is finally home---placed with you by God's hand!
Also--her clothes are incredible!! Do you make them/sell them?? They are precious!Your whole family is!

Here is our blog---if you want to read--our China travels are so similar!
www.babyjellybeans.com
password: hope dinello

julie w said...

God is absolutely amazing!!!! :)
I am so amazed everyday by His faithfulness and greatness! Adoption is a true miracle of God Himself and I am so glad that He gave me and my family the opportunity to experience it! :)
Thanks for reminding me this morning how truly amazing God is! :)
Love ya!
Julie

Mom2Three said...

That is what happened to me - I clicked on List 20 from CHI to look at Travis, because a friend told me she was in love with his little face, and since I had ten minutes, I went and scrolled through the other children, and there was Jin Pei. My mouth dropped open, my stomach clenched tight, and I was immediately thinking about the energy it would take to get us through another paperchase.

One photo and our life changed again, and so did Jin Pei's.
Cynthia
waiting for Jin Pei...
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

Mom to my China Posse said...

Remember when I met you, I said you will definately go back because its hard after you go to China and it gets in your heart not to adopt again. I know very few maybe just a couple of familes that haven't went back to adopt again. I am so happy for you!