Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mavery is going to love being in a car seat, this was in our taxi ride today!
Walking the streets of the Island

Hot Spaghetti, but even though it was hot she kept on eating it!
Blowing Bubbles in the water
She is to cute!



She was not going to let me help her with that cone!
Our Diva!

Being Silly!
Putting on her lipstickPlaytime with Daddy is fun!







As we walked down to the breakfast buffet this morning, Mavery was already talking about MingMing as we typically eat breakfast with the Chisum Family every morning. There was a little girl walking in front of us as we entered and she had short hair and Mavery started yelling Ming MING! But of course it was not her as they were already on a plane leaving China. It was a lonely breakfast. Today there were many families here, I know there is a break in the trade fair starting yesterday, so I assume many families are now coming in. Seeing them with their groups and us not having our friends here, made me all the more thankful that we did get to travel the entire trip with the Chisum's. Our last trip we had such a huge travel group and we loved that. We were so glad that we were at least given a small group this time. I like Mark and all, but I also like to have other mommies around to! ;0)
After breakfast we headed out to the Electronics Market. I am not sure how to describe this place. Think huge mall but more like a flea market maybe, also streets filled with shops. Unlike anything I have seen, or actually anything I care to see again! Mark had been last time and thought taking the stroller would be to difficult. This coming from the person that the 30 pound baby will not go to, meaning I will be forced to carry her the entire time. I thought, oh it can't be so bad, I can do it. I must be so giddy with the thought that we are going home I lost my mind because it was NOT fun. Letting Mavery walk is like letting a 2 year old walk. Does not want to stay with you, wants to touch, wants to climb, jump, you get the picture. And of course we are the only white people in the whole place, so we are as always, the star attraction. It is hot, it is dirty, and it is not that much fun because no one understands what we are looking for. Mavery has to potty, of course, and I thought I might faint when I walked in the bathroom and saw the cockroaches running all over. But if you don't take her potty, she screams and pulls her pants down. I am still disgusted and to be honest thankful for a squatty potty at that moment for her. We did get a new camera lens we had been wanting for a good price and it does work! We had Mc Donalds for lunch, which was a welcome treat, have I mentioned we are done with Chinese food?
We made it back(finding a taxi, oh don't get me started!) and while Mavery napped I finished up shopping. For those of you who wanted me to bring you squeaky shoes, I could not fit them in, but I did get the girls card and she said she will ship them for a good price. So, I may be placing an order when we get home and maybe we can do a group ship! I cut WAY back on this trip, though Mark is not so sure. We did buy an extra suitcase, but we knew we would need to. Buying for 5 children is a lot of work! When I got back to the room Mark said Mavery had woke up about 15 minutes earlier and was not to happy I was not in the room. Looks like I will have an attachment for awhile.
Our last dinner we were so undecided. While we wanted to want chinese food, we just could not do it. So we decided to try a place we had wondered about all week. I think it is called Station Restaurant and it said it was a Western Restaurant. It is on the edge of the island, right next to the Italian Place. And while the girl was the sweetest thing ever who stared at us (tonight we had 4 watching, it was a slow night there!) I would not recommend it. We had steak, which was ok, but the portions were so small and the price to high. And it was SLOW. I was convinced they were out hunting for a cow to serve us. But it is a cute place, very classy. Well besides the disco balls, those were funny. Oh and the bug zapper right behind us that had me jumping in my seat every 2 minutes! ;0) We decided we should have just ordered pizza in as dining with Mavery is really just paying for heartburn for the most part! ha!
We ended our evening with ice cream from the White Swan Deli. We got Mavery an ice cream cone since she was so excited about the first one. I got a Hagan daas ice cream bar. Her cone was $1, mine was $8! Well, which do you think she wanted? What's mine is hers and whats hers is hers! The $8 one was so much better. And yes we do know that there is a warning out on dairy products in China, the contamination and all that. We asked the americans living in Shanghai about that and they said they still have dairy and that we would be fine as long as it is in limited quantities. Just in case you are worried about it!
We enjoyed a walk around the water looking at the lights and the Pearl River. So hard to believe our journey here is ending. I have many thoughts about our time in China, and will save that for the next post. But some things you can pray for us if you feel led over the next 24 hours..


Smooth flights and easy connections. We have a 4 hour layover in Shanghai tomorrow, then the 14 hour flight into Chicago, with another layover there before going to St Louis. We are just praying that nothing is delayed and we are on time everywhere we go.


Mavery. I can't even begin to imagine how she is going to survive this. She just does not sit still, she does not like to be strapped in, she gets antsy. She did so well on the flight in here so I am prayerful she will be ok. But no matter how you look at it, it is a LONG flight.


So that means pray for ME and my sanity! I have packed tons of snacks as she eats ALOT. And suckers and toys and anything I can think of that will amuse her for that time. I can't give her anything to help her "sleep" because I want the doctor to check her out first. She does fall asleep in the bus or in taxis on me, so I think she will sleep some. Oh I hope so anyways!


Mark is not feeling great. His stomach has been bothering him. And no he did not even eat the ice cream. So if you would think of him, that would be great!


And pray for our kids back home as we get to see them again! I know we are in for ALOT of adjustments. But we are ready for it and ready to be together!


Countdown HOME has begun!

2 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I just loved the video of Mavery on daddy's shoulders! I will be praying for sure!

Happy trails!!!
Robin

Amy said...

Good luck on your flight!! The picture of Mavery in the taxi was just like Presley in taxis! She wanted to stand the whole time! I was so worried about the flight, but she did GREAT!! She loved the movie screen and watched Baby Einstein a million times (she was 13 months when she came home). I was quite surprised how well she did and I hope your flight goes as smoothly!!

Amy in Arizona