Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday

Sitting in my backpack ready to go!

Trying hard not to giggle!
She had so much fun on this zebra, so I see some fights at our house over Sage's zebra next week!
White Swan playroom is fun!
Having fun at the park today!
Isn't that precious, she is hugging the statue!

trying to figure it out
How about a dance?
To sweet
Look at all those pearls! (our guide has the brown purse)
Walking Street and there are at least a million out walking!

Trying to get every piece of jewelry on!
This morning we had to be in our room to wait for Connie to call from the US Consulate to let us know that all was well with our paperwork. She said it was perfect and it is now all official on the US side besides our swearing in ceremony, which is Tuesday afternoon. We decided to get out for a little bit before our trip to the Pearl Market. We played in the hotel playroom and then walked around outside. We walked over to Starbucks to grab a quick lunch. (Since Danny's Bagels does not deliver, Starbucks is a nice alternative for just a sandwich, just an FYI)






We headed over to the Pearl Market with much grumbling from the men. I have to say I miss my mom and my friend Monte when it comes to shopping here. They are the 2 I know that actually can outshop ME and enjoy shopping the way I do! ;0) I did get Mavery her pearls after much work. Connie took us over to the Number 9 Walking Street. Basically just a ton of shops. We were all so tired and worn out, we decided to head to the toy market instead, which is a little calmer, by chinese standards anyway! We were on the hunt for the chinese candles that turn into fireworks, but never did find them.






Dinner was back at the Italian place.






Exciting day huh? ;0) But I gave you lots of pictures to make up for the boring post!






We are winding down that is for sure, and ready to get home.
** I added so many of Mavery with those statues because she was just TO cute! She loves kids and I think misses all her friends so much even statues are fun! ;0)
**Also keep meaning to say, we brought that Flip Video camera and we LOVE it! It is CHEAP, tiny, fits in your pocket and so easy to plug into your laptop and download quickly on. That is what all the videos are from and if you are coming to China, I would try to get one. It was suggested on my agency board by another mom and I am so glad she told about it.
**White Swan is NOT giving the Coming home barbies right now, which is a big bummer to me, I wanted Mavery to have one just like Sage has one. But I talked to the manager and he said they expect to get them again, so he said I could have one shipped to me IF they come in. For a fee of course. I know some think they are silly, but I like barbies! ;0)

2 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Looks like its going wonderful!
I had heard that about the goign home Barbie and wondered if that was true or a rumor. I have one on my auction right now people are bidding on you might want to check it out. Email me, lots to catch up on.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

The photos of Sage and the statues are SO sweet!!!! She is probably wondering who turned her friends to stone. LOL She sure looks like a different child one week later. Oh the fun Mavery is going to have with her siblings! Head on over to Kathy's auction and bid on the Going Home Barbie...its for a good cause! :)