Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Monday, October 20, 2008

What a difference a week makes!






One week ago we met a very sad little girl who lost everything she knew. Today, she is smiling, laughing, trusting, giving kisses, screaming Baba, and putting us on our knees in awe of what our Father has given to us. Tonight Leigh and I talked about how really amazing it is, how wonderful our girls have done in just one week. A week ago, my heart was aching for how Mavery was hurting. Today I am just full of JOY that she is mine, she is truly smiling with her whole being and the steps we have made. In just days I will have all 5 of my kids in my arms, at home, right where we are all supposed to be. I can't wait!
**sorry I keep posting so much at once, 2 more below this one!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Shannon,

If you are looking for the candles that look like a flower and open up and play Happy Birthday, a friend of ours found them at a wedding shop in China. We can also get them here in the US at the Hibachi Grill restaurant.

Love the smile on Mavery!!
Sandy

Mom2Three said...

I was just commenting last night to one of my groups how much Mavery had changed in just one week... and then if you go back to this summer and Marianne's video of her -- WOW! What a difference!!!
Love is a good thing!!!
Cynthia
Still waiting for Jin Pei...
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

julie w said...

God is so awesome isn't He?! I just love seeing those pictures of the huge smiles on Mavery's face!
Enjoy your time left in China! I sure wish I was there to shop with you! :)
Julie