Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Comments & I slept on the rock! (& like a rock!)

8 hours, praise the Lord! 430 though and I was awake and you know there is no laying around on these beds. If I am awake, I have to be up or I am in pain. In fact, even my ears are sore this morning, just from how hard everything is laying on it! But thankfully I was out all night. These rooms are so dark I love it! Well except for tripping over the suitcase that we just dropped when we walked in last night and is not out of the way. I think cleaning the room needs to happen at some point so we don't break a leg.

Someone emailed trying to figure out the comments thing, so just in case you are wondering, you just click on comments under the post you want to comment to. Then you just write what you want to say! Which by the way, you know we LIVE for comments! It just makes me cry to read notes from home, a good cry of course.

My gmail account and blogger and everything else I want to look at is working great here! That is good news and hopefully will be the same in Hangzhou for us. I know my Jinhua mommy friends are praying we get good connection as I get to hug on their sweet boys after we visit the orphanage on Tuesday!

I added a flickr badge to the sidebar, so you can click on that and see all of our photos we are taking. I am not sure if Mark commented on the pictures last night, that is his job, so hopefully today he can catch up and tell you what is what. I told him either he writes on the blog or he uploads and comments on the pictures. For some reason he just won't do the writing! Maybe we will get him to give a "guys point of view" one of these days.

Here is a link to our hotel, just in case you want to see where we are. Hope the link works, I am so bad at linking things in. Thankfully Amy is way computer smarter than I am! She will hopefully come behind me and fix it all for me!

And here is a link to Leighs blog. We can't wait for them to get here! They land late tonight and we are meeting up tomorrow. We have never met, yet I feel we have been friends forever and I am so excited to be on this journey with her family. Emma & Mavery will leave the only home they have ever known together and I pray that they will have a bond as Sage does with her travel mates.

The weather here in Shanghai seems perfect and BoBo told us yesterday it is the best time of year. Also, everytime we meet someone and we say we are headed to Hangzhou they all go on and on about how beautiful it is. We can't wait.

Off to get ready, and to the breakfast buffet. Can't wait to see how their spread here is as that is one of my favorite things about China hotels, the amazing breakfasts!

Oh one thing that was interesting last night was that I was talking to the hotel manager for awhile in the lobby and he is puerto rican but grew up in the states and has been in China for 15 years. He asked why we were here and we told him and he had some "interesting" thoughts and comments about China adoptions. (not bad towards us at all)

Ok, my battery is about to die and we have not unpacked our converter yet so I better run! Mark is still sleeping, so I have nothing to do but sit here in the dark and talk AT you all! ;0)

3 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh yes...the lovely box spring mattresses of China! But...I just saw a photo of the crib in Mavery's orphanage...ouch! Its so awesome to see you in China...woohoo! It will be REALLY awesome to see you in China with Mavery in your arms!!! Hey...will you write one of your letters for me? Its day 83 and no LOA. October is a fantastic time to travel to China. Lauren's 2 year Gotcha day is tomorrow and we loved being there in October.

Finally a Family of Four said...

Sleep is awesome, isn't it.
I too, miss the breakfast in China, the food was so darn delicious.
Make sure you take in all the sights and sounds of China.
Renee

Mom to my China Posse said...

Hey remember some hotels in China offer softer mattresses or feather beds if you ask. I know the White swan does so its worth a try to ask. Following your every post!