Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Taxi Rides and Shanghai Friends




We got to our hotel, dropped our stuff in the room and hurried out to meet up with Davina and BJ. Davina is a friend of Esthers (my brothers girlfriend) and she stayed at our house for Chinese New Year this past year. She was just married and moved here to Shanghai. So we were very excited to get a chance to meet up with Davina, meet her hubby and let them help us order dinner. First, was our taxi ride. Davina had emailed me her address so I showed that to our taxi driver at the hotel. Well, the drive there was an adventure, as most taxi rides are. (besides the one from the aiport, that was just luck i think!) Maybe I don't remember how bad it was last time, but oh my, I finally had to just quit looking and start praying because I was so scared. It is just insane. There is no way to describe it, just scary. The highways are the worst to me, becaues you are driving crazy at crazy fast speeds.. Anyways, we survived, we had a fun time at dinner and tried some new foods. Western Style Steak which sounds like it would be something we have, but it was different and yummy. Shrimp Balls were great. It was Sichuan Style, so some of it was spicy, but overall I loved it. We enjoyed getting BJ & Davina to teach us the tricks to eating certain things without looking foolish.
Ok, I know I want to say more, but I have got to sleep. We start our tour tomorrow at 10am and end it at 9pm tomorrow night so it will be a full day. Shanghai is huge and busy and looks fascinating so I am anxious to explore.
And of course, our hearts are full of Mavery and how close we are to her now. Just a matter of days!
Makenna, Sawyer, Malaine & Sage, I hope you are being good and we will call you soon!!! We love you and miss you!

5 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Looks like you having a great time. Hey I love that wall color behind you in your pictures!
Sounds like your in for a fun day. praying for you and Miss Mavery!

Amy said...

I'm glad you are having so much fun! I'm jealous!! I can't wait to read Monday's post!!

Amy in Arizona

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I am so happy you made it safely to China! How many people travel to bring home their little one and is able to meet up with someone they know in China? That is awesome! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy....because in a few more days it will be Mavery Monday!!!!
I can't sleep on a plane either...I think it takes drugs! :)

Amy said...

So glad you made it safely and was able to meet up with Davina! Everyone here is so anxious to hear your every move. Everyone at MOPS was so happy to hear that you were in China. We are e-mailing your link to everyone. I can't imagine how anxious you are to be so much closer to her and not want to go NOW and get her! I can't wait - I just can't wait!!!

Finally a Family of Four said...

Shannon, have i told you how pretty you look in all these pictures!?! I think that you are glowing. Keep blogging, I am addicted.
Try some snake blood if you get a chance.
Renee