Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Monday, October 13, 2008

She cleans up well!







After nap we decided Mavery had to have a bath. She was not smelling so good and we knew it was probably not going to be fun, because just touching her shoes had sent her screaming. But we just decided we were doing it and slowly took off the boy clothes little by little. She was not happy, and would not sit in the bath, but she did let us wash her good. She is no Sage that is for sure, as soon as water got in her face she was done. But I think she was actually happy to be clean and covered in lotion. Her poor little body is covered in bug bites, lots of them. So we did bath, she let us dress her and as you can see, she even let me get a bow in. We had a battle over it a bit, but I told her that was one battle I was going to win, and I will say by the end of the night, she was trying to put the bow back in herself! I brought this huge baggie of beautiful bows, but as you can tell, we are lucky to get a clippie in with how short it is! I have a headband, but that was not happening tonight! Isn't her shirt adorable? My friend Tracy made that for her and I just love it! Gotcha Mavery!!!

4 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

I love the picture of you and Mavery, looks like she is starting to "tolerate" Momma. Thats the first step. Your smile is priceless. Love the shirt Tracy made. Tracy always picks out the most perfect things. We have somethign for Miss Mavery but hope to give it to her in person......soon! Love the clipie. I knew that girl would have a bow in record time.

Stephanie said...

Love the bow! And the Gotcha shirt...love that!
Hang in there! That smile will come! And the laugh! And the hugs! ANd kisses with those pouty lips are sure to be the best!
Blessings, Stephanie

Finally a Family of Four said...

She is awesome and amazing!! I think you should get in the bath with her and splash around like a crazy woman. I keep reading and rereading your post like a obssesed girl.
The pictures are awesome and the post are even better.
Love, renee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shannon & Mark! Sage and I just looked at the pictures and she was excited to see her sister (and her mommy)! Can't wait to see you and meet Mavery!
Love,
Shannon & Sage