Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I hugged some very sweet boys today!!!














I have so much to say about our day today and my mind and heart are overflowing with what I WANT to say, so I am going to do this in a few posts. It was by far MUCH harder than yesterday and I am emotionally exhausted, but in very good ways. I first want to get some pictures of 2 beautiful little boys that we met at Jinhua who are waiting for their mommy's.



Peggy, Benjamin is ADORABLE! We walked in the room and he was sitting down and Mavery ran right over and sat down next to him, that must have been her spot. He was very quiet compared to the other kids, so I assume he is going to have a laid back personality. He is smaller, very tiny. Mavery was teasing him and he was holding his own with her though! The director guy gave him his package and he was so cute about it all. He REALLY liked his frog and played with it the rest of the time that we were there. He looked to cute in his hat, though he had to keep that one from Mavery! We saw his bed, he is on the end of the room by the way, Mavery on the other end. Just 4 beds though in that row. I did not get to get the answers to your questions as I had hoped. I was so intent on getting the pictures and it was pure chaos for us. Which I will write more in another post. Since he and Mavery are so close, I think I can answer alot for you from how she is!
Cynthia, my heart about broke. They told me that Jin Pei told the director he is very sad and misses his mama and wants her to come now. You could see in his eyes that he is looking for you, and I can't wait till the day we see pictures of you meeting him! (I almost hate to tell you that, but I want you to know that he loves you already as much as you love him!) He is adorable and curious about everything. Really watched us. He and Emma were doing a song and dance and I think we got it on video. If I did not I am sure Leigh did.
We took a ton of pictures and I will move them all to my flickr account later so you can see everything. (click on the sidebar of blog) I also got alot of video and I will get some up as quick as I can. So far we are not having any issues, thankfully.
I know how miserable the waiting is, and we wish you had been with us today. I hope the pictures help a little and we are praying that very soon you will be here holding your little Jinhua sweeties!

2 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Wow! looks like you had a great day. Love the pictures. What sweet little boys.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Shannon...what a gift you have given to the waiting families by posting videos of these sweet children! Before I read your post I could see that Benjamin had that look of "missing out"....the look I see in my own children when one of the others are getting something and their feelings are hurt. Oh I pray his family is united with him VERY soon! He looks SO sweet and very handsome! I can only imagine how bittersweet it was to visit Mavery's orphanage. It would be so difficult not to take every one of them home with me! The orphange staff seems to really care about the children, especially the Director. Praise God for that! Okay...moving on to Mavery in her Red Thread Stitches outfit! Tears are flowing because it melts my heart to see Mavery wearing something that I created. Thank you! She looks so beautiful in pink and she even kept the headband in. Thank you for making my day!!! I have to keep wiping the tears to write this. You are doing an amazing job of keeping your blog updated. I'm just SO happy for you!!! Hugs to you!!!