Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Friday, October 17, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME, I mean Guangzhou!

She looks mad, but really the thing is, she KNOWS when the camera lights up it is going off so she does this face and then laughs! This is her on the flight. She is holding a sucker. I did get our seatmate rolling her eyes when I offered her the sucker for screaming. I felt so much like I was at home with that eye rolling! ;0)
Sweet Emma, she was so calm on the flight! Mark was next to her and I especially enjoyed seeing Jeff rip open the barf bag at one moment for Emma, but it was a false alarm!
Bus ride to the hotel. She is pretending to sleep!

Our room, doesn't it just make you happy to know we are happy here!
Our view of the Pearl River.
Hand Picked by God just for us! And by putting on her shoes she thinks she will get out of going to bed, even though it is almost midnight!
Falls asleep in our bed, then gets moved to her crib. Whatever works, right?

Ahhh, it feels good to be back here! We are at the White Swan hotel and though we are paying a small fortune and may never leave our house again after this trip, we are SO happy we went with this hotel. We KNOW this place. It just felt so good coming back here to the Island and walking through the door of the White Swan. And requesting a king bed with a river view, and actually getting it. Or asking for a western mattress, and getting it. And taking a HOT shower that was not just a dribble of water, and being able to run my laundry across the street to "old friends". Oh and our room is cold! (our Hangzhou room was almost 80 degrees there all week and those of you who spend time at our house know that we like it COLD!) And not smoky, nor was the hallway. Can you tell, we are HAPPY!! We both just walked in and breathed a sigh of relief. Plus the fact that we are almost HOME helps alot to!




The flight went well, really well actually. Mavery started throwing a fit when I first put the seatbelt on her, but calmed down pretty quickly and did WAY better than I imagined. I had to keep her busy, and the young girl on the other side of her probably did not appreciate the sucker Mavery stuck to her sweater, or the fact that Mavery refused to let her sleep, did I mention she is NOT shy AT ALL! Oh she is SO much like Sage it is not even funny.


One interesting thing about adopting a child old enough to talk in a country where you don't speak the language is that she can carry on a conversation with everyone around us and we just have no clue what she is saying, nor what they are saying back. We are pretty sure she is saying, you should get a load of these white people. I whimper, they give me ANYTHING I want! They carry me everywhere I want to go, (or the mama does) and they have no clue how to speak, they talk in this jibber jabber that just makes me laugh! She is a charmer for sure.
I have more to add about our last day in Hangzhou, but I can't keep my eyes open another second. It is midnight here and we have our medical exam early in the morning. Have I mentioned how HAPPY we are to be here! ;0) I can already taste that breakfast buffet, YUM!

5 comments:

Our family said...

I just returned from China with Charlie (Brenham, List 20 CHI) and I have loved following your blog! Mavery is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous pouty and smiley face! What fun to be there with another CHI family also. You should meet up with Jerilea (she adopted Seabrooke, List 20...named her Ella) and arrived in Guangzhou today, too (I think)! Best of luck on the rest of your trip!

Lisa Schmidt

Mom2Three said...

Yeah!!!
Now I can get on with my day...
I was worried because I knew all of you were traveling...

We will be with you and "staying home" after we get home -- no extra money for us for a while!!!
:-)
Much love from Oregon,
Cynthia
Jin Pei's mama!!!!
udnerthemistymountain.blogspot.com

Mom to my China Posse said...

Woohoo!! So glad to see that you have arrived safely at your "home away from home"! Are you guys happy? I couldn't figure it out from your post. heehee

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Woohoo!! So glad to see that you have arrived safely at your "home away from home"! Are you guys happy? I couldn't figure it out from your post. heehee

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Okay...I am dying to kiss those cheecks!!! Mavery's that is. heehee Umm...you can request a western bed? For real???