Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you, Mavery, in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Jinhua Scrapbook


















































When you adopt from China, you are typically able to find a yahoo group that has parents who have adopted from your orphanage. So with Sage there is a big group of Chenzhou Families, just specific for her orphanage. First thing I did when we found out Mavery would be our daughter was to find her yahoo group. It is a much smaller group than Sage's, because it is a much smaller orphanage. It is so nice to be able to talk to families that have been there, who have children from there etc.. Along with the fact that there are families going ahead of you who might bring you back photos of your child! I decided that as part of my gift to the director, I wanted to make an album of all the children that had been adopted. So I was able to get quite a few pictures from families of their children at adoption, and what they look like today. It ended up being more work than I expected since I put it off till the last minute, along with everything else that I needed to get done. But my sweet friends stepped in to save the day and help me out. Thank you Amy, Megan and Jenny! ;0)
As you can see in the pictures, the staff seemed to really enjoy it. And the director seemed very touched by it. I know that MingMing and SongSong really enjoyed looking through it before we delivered it and pointing everyone out! We plan to send pictures of Mavery home with us along with the next families who go.

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a sweet idea! You are always so thoughtful.